Here are some things to help you get a better night's sleep holistically:
1. Take 3mg of Melatonin and 500mg of L-Tryptophane 1 hour before going to bed.
2. Sleep in the same room consistently.
3. Develop regular bedtime habit, with lights out and a regular wake-up time.
4. Avoid routine daily naps.
5. Plan exercise daily and in the evening is good but within two hours of bedtime.
6. Sleep in a cool room, and avoid extreme temperatures.
7. Avoid heavy meals within 2-3 hours of going to bed. Light snacks are okay.
8. Take no more than 1 alcoholic drink per day.
9. Avoid stimulates, particularly within 8 hours of bedtime. Avoid coffee, tea, coca, chocolates, etc.
10. If you cannot sleep do not stay in the bed more than 30 minutes. Get out of bed and read or another quiet activity. If still unable to sleep keep repeating this cycle.
11. For troubling thoughts that are keeping you from sleeping, write them down with a possible plan of action. Try to start thinking about something simple, less complicated - like gardening, improving your golf swing, etc.
12. Accept the occasional sleepless nights. Use it for a hobby or something else productive.
13. Use sleep medication after consulting with your physician if a holistic product does not work first.
14. Do no complain about not sleeping because it creates a sub-conscience pattern that may be contributing to you sleepless condition. If you are tired and not alert, do not drive or work in a dangerous situations and immediately consult your physician for help.
15. Read a book at bedtime and become involved in the story or information - and often this takes your mind off things that keep you up late.
16. Sleep in a cold room.
17. Try wearing earplugs.
18. Pray yourself to sleep.